Wednesday 13 January 2016

Review: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Hey guys,

Today, I will be doing a review on the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara. And before I get into it, this is not an advertisement. This isn't paid for. This is all my own opinion. And my own photos.

So, Like many, I am always on the hunt for that holy grail Mascara, and like many, I've come close, just not close enough to finding said mascara. I have tried so many brands, so many types, and had no luck, until now. 

I have found my holy grail. I have found my perfect mascara. And I couldn't be happier. I know so many have tired the Roller Lash mascara, and I know there are a lot of mixed feelings on the product. Many love it, many unsure, many hate it. But me personally I couldn't rate anything better.



So, let's start with what it claims to do. According to benefit cosmetics, 'Hook ‘n’ Roll' bristled brush lifts the lash along with separating and curling the lashes. They claim you no longer require a lash curler. The brush does all that for you, with a few wiggles at the base of the lash, and through out the length.

This, I don't fully agree with. I still use my curlers before applying the mascara. But, it gives the lashes extra depth, extra length, and holds the curl until I take it off. This is one reason why I love it. 



I have tried the mascara without my curlers, just to see if what they claim is true, for me, I didn't see that it was. My lashes were straight. They had no shape what so ever. They didn't add to my winged liner. And with this I was gutted. I thought i would still be on the quest for my perfect mascara. 

But I didn't give up. The next time I used the mascara, I curled them. I applied one coat of mascara. And BAM my eyes popped. The have me the desired effect. The desired curl. With one application and a few squeezes of a lash curler. I have inserted some photos of the effects. Just so you can see for yourself. 

This is with eye liner.

With and without liner both with the mascara.

Again with and with out liner, both with mascara. 

Now let's talk about the brush. We all have our preferences to what the mascara wand should be. Some prefer fatter brushes. Some prefer thinner. Some like plastic, others don't. 

The roller lash, is a thinner, plastic bristled wand. It is curled to give you the lift and 'curl' that it boasts. It's great for getting all the lashes. And also, if your a lover of applying mascara to the bottom lashes, this brush is perfect. 

The colour, is a true black. Which I love. I dislike those that turn a bit blue or a bit brown after a bit. This defiantly does. It's very flattering. And really opens up the eyes. 



Now the wear. This mascara wears really well. It's comfortable on the eyes, and doesn't smudge. My eye lashes don't clump up (which I hate) and it doesn't flake.

I have found with a lot of mascara, when you run your eye, it's wait her smudges down to your chin, or it flakes like an ice cream topping. Not cool! 

For £19.50 this product is pricey. Especially when it doesn't completely stay true to what they claim with no more lash curlers. However, with curler, this product is well worth the money. I will defiantly be repurchasing once I have ran out. 

Rating : 10/10

Have you got your favourite mascara? Have you tried the Benefit Roller Lash? Or anything by them? What's your opinion on this product? I'd love to hear from you :). 

Thank you for reading! Until next time! 

X


No comments:

Post a Comment